Quickbooks is one of the prominent software used by users for handling their accounting transactions. This software is mainly developed for giving easiness to small and medium-sized businesses for their bill payment and payroll functioning. In this post, we are mainly going to discuss the Quickbooks database server manager which helps you share your computer file with another computer over your network. Setting up a network gives you the functionality that after this you can manage multi-user networks. And for setting up a network you need to set up a database so users can access your companies files.
Quickbooks database server manager creates a network and stores the company’s file on the host computer. Firstly we must know the installation procedure of server management.
How to Install Quickbooks database server manager
These are some simple steps to follow for the installation procedure of database server management-
Download database server management
Database server management is a part of Quickbooks desktop files if you haven’t installed this double click on the installer for your Quickbooks and start your installation.
Install database server management
The database server manager is the most important thing if you want to host your files on the server computer. Installing database server management requires a series of functions which are given under-
- Close all the programs on your server computer including Quickbooks.
- Start the installation procedure of the file you downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen given prompt and enter your license number.
- When asked for network type select custom and network options. Then select next.
- Choose the best options for your network setup and then select next. Both the options will install on it. If you want to use both options select the first option otherwise select the second option.
- After that select the on-screen given options for installation.
How to update the database server manager?
For the purpose of upgradation visit the official intuit website and download the updated patch of database server management. And after this, the server needs to be rebooted and while doing this process a dialogue box will appear with a message- ”the company file needs to be updated to work with the version of QB desktop”. Before doing any type of changes you must backup all your files. After backing up follow some set of instructions displayed on the screen.
Step by step instruction to setup Quickbooks database server management
- Download the latest patch of desktop server management
- Before doing anything Reboot your server
- After rebooting you will be notified that companies file must be updated to work with the new version.
- Before up-gradation create a backup for all company files.
- After creating a backup open the file.
Usage of database server management
It helps in scanning the company’s files for multi-user access.
Steps for scanning folders-
- Go to the beginning catch and press program.
- Pick QuickBooks Desktop and afterward QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now, press check company file. Also, check which folder contains the QuickBooks organization record. In the event that you don’t have the foggiest idea where is the record, at that point, you select to check entirely disk
- Check the display bar to know which folder is being examined.
- After completion, the company files and folder are eligible for multi-user access.
The importance of this server management is that it keeps track of local hard drives and configure new companies files also.
How to open the database server manager?
To open, database server management- Click the start menu and select the programs. After that select Quickbooks and after that select Quickbooks database server management
How to use database server manager features?
- This server manager is helpful in determining the total companies connected files.
- This database server manager is helpful in accessing the total number of users logged in.
- It is also helpful in keeping track of its status while the service is running.
Salient features of the system
With the help of the database server manager, you are able to review your system information with its precise location of the database server manager.
The above information is the best source for knowing and understanding the use of Quickbooks database server management. And if you are a newbie to the database server manager then it is the best source from installing, updating and setting up this server manager. And if you find any type of difficulty in setting up your manager then you can simply check out our other blogs and if you don’t find the result please comment us to know and you can check up the intuit official website for your solution.