Is your QuickBooks Desktop refusing to start due to some reasons and displaying an error message: QuickBooks Won’t Open. Then, this article is for you. This type of error can unknowingly appear anytime and is the most common error of QuickBooks. Here you will learn how to fix issues when you can’t open QuickBooks Desktop. Also, know about the causes and reasons for this issue.
Reasons and Signs of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
Sometimes when you try to open the company file, the prompted action rejects the access to the company file. There is also a pop-up message displayed on the screen saying QuickBooks won’t open or stop working. This error has an impact on the speed of your system as becomes slow and sluggish. This is one of the Company file errors, similar to QuickBooks errors 1603, 1402,1935.
QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start causes due to various reasons such as:
- The operating system for Windows is corrupted or damaged.
- When a company’s name is too long, it can also cause an error.
- QuickBooks Desktop Installation isn’t working properly.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or corrupted.
- Quickbooks will not open if multiple users try to access the company file in single-user mode.
- Because the company file has Report issues, the user will encounter QuickBooks is not opening.
- The user is attempting to open the Company file in the incorrect manner.
The symptoms of QuickBooks won’t open error are:
- The company file won’t open
- On the display screen, the user will see an error message, i.e. QuickBooks won’t open or won’t open properly.
- While working on the same application, QuickBooks Desktop repeatedly freezes.
- The computer system frequently crashes.
- The system is slow and sluggish in response to all input devices.
How to fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
Follow the steps given below for solving this error.
Solution 1: Closing QBW32.exe process
The first method includes closing the QBW32.exe.
- The first step is to right-click on the system’s Windows taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
- To type the procedures alphabetically, visit the Process tab after which to the Image Name header.
- Then look for EXE and select it.
- Finally, click End Process to close the exe process.
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSER.ini. File
Here are the steps to rename the QBWUSER.ini. File
- Try accessing the folder containing the ini file, and if you still can’t find it, enable hidden folders and files.
- Once you have found the folder, right-click on QBWUSER.ini.file and choose Rename.
- After that, in the last file name, type Insert. old.
- Now rename ecml. file to something else. If QuickBooks works after renaming the file, the problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Disable QuickBooks Desktop Installation
Steps for suppressing the QuickBooks Desktop Installation are:
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Properties.
- Select Open after pressing the CTRL-key. Hold down the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window appears.
- Now go ahead and open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Repair the incorrect QuickBooks Desktop Installation
If you installed QuickBooks Desktop incorrectly, repair it.
- Enter Ctrl +Alt + Del on your keyboard.
- Select Task Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Process from the drop-down menu.
- Select any of the QuickBooks processes with the right-click menu.
- After that, click Complete Process.
- You will get a confirmation process and in that select end all processes.
- Try restarting QuickBooks again
- Now click on Repair QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Create a New Windows Admin User
Follow the steps given below for creating a new window admin user.
- To access the Control Panel, first, click on it and then navigate through it.
- To add a user, double-click on User Account, then Manage User, and then Add.
- After that, enter the administrator’s name and domain, and then click the Ok button.
- Select Administrator if you’re using Windows 10.
- After that, select Finish to return to the User Accounts dialogue box. Now press OK.
Solution 6: Restart Your Computer
You can also try restarting your computer, by following these steps.
- Open your computer’s Start menu.
- Select the Restart option after pressing the Power Button.
- After you have restarted your computer, open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 7: Install QuickBooks from scratch
Lastly, install QuickBooks from the beginning.
To begin, uninstall the QuickBooks software, then reinstall it using QuickBooks clean install tool and rename the installation folders.
The above article was all about resolving the QuickBooks won’t open error. Hope it helped you in troubleshooting your problem by following these simple technical steps. If the problem still continues, you can take help from the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for their guidance.