Quickbooks Error 3371 simply occurs when QuickBooks desktop on system’s machine is not able to load or fetch required and essential files that contain license data or any other needed files from hard disk to RAM – random access memory or primary memory. To be honest there is not a specific reason mentioned for why QuickBooks error 3371 happens as it is the result of multiple problems that we sometimes forget or lack. Let’s understand these multiple problems which cause QuickBooks error 3371 in more detail by exploring the following reasons and solutions.
Missed, damaged files and unfulfillment in the system requirements caused desktop error 3371
QBregistration.dat – This is one of the most required and most important files responsible for the functioning of the QuickBooks desktop that holds the data and information about QuickBooks desktop license. When every time you click on QuickBooks desktop to open it, data about the license is retrieved and fetched then after QuickBooks desktop is able to be opened but incase if these files are not found or damaged, the software won’t open at all.
Missing and damaging of QBregistration.dat will display the following message
“[Error 3371, StatusCode – 111118] Quickbooks can not load the license data. this can be caused due to the missing and damaging files”.
- Microsoft MSXML – This is the file that is required to open the QuickBooks desktop and though this file, QuickBooks retrieve the essential information in the QBregistration.dat.file. Which makes QuickBooks open.
- The outdated Operating system and antivirus software also make QuickBooks desktop malfunctions or breaks down.
- Shutting Down your system by just pressing the switch off button leads to damaging your required files.
- Incomplete updates of windows or operating system cause the window’s required components outdated.
- When you lost the connection with QuickBooks data files.We have talked about the problems a lot, time to know the solution has come up.
Before You Initiate Troubleshooting – Must keep in your head before you start troubleshooting for QuickBooks error 3371 make sure your OS – operating system meets all required demands such as updating windows to the latest version.
Steps For Solutions Should Be Taken In Order To Remove Quickbooks Error 3371
- Elimination Of ECML File – EntitlementDataStore ECML is on one of the required files for the starting of QuickBooks and holds the data and information about QuickBooks desktop installation in an encrypted format or you can also say it stores data in coded form.
Steps to delete ECML file
- Just open up the run command box or pop up by pressing Winkey +R
- Type c:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and click ok
- Then a pop-up window will appear
- Then press button to delete ECML file
- Ultimately, now you all have to do is opening the QuickBooks again where you will be required to register again.
- Updation Of Windows Operations System
- The first step to update window is clicking on the start button
- Then choose to all programs after that choose to click on window update.
- Checking for updates
- Ultimately, reinstall and update QuickBooks again
- Updation of windows operating system
- Installation latest windows update
- Download and install the latest updates for the operating system by going to the option of all programs just then click on windows updates.
- Rename The Entitlement File
- Just press WinKey + R in order to open run command box and types below command according to your Quickbooks desktop version
- For QuickBooks 2013 Type – C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 8
- QuickBooks 2012 and Enterprise type: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2011 and Enterprise type: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2010 type C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2009 type C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 5
- QuickBooks 2008 and Enterprise 8.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 5
- QuickBooks 2007 and Enterprise 7.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 3
- After that right click on the Entitlement file choose to delete the file
- Click to confirm of the deletion of the file