QuickBooks Error 6123 mostly occurs at the time of opening the company file. You may also face QuickBooks Error code 6123 at the time of updating and restoring the backup of your company file. QuickBooks Error 6123 0 mostly occurs when your company file is improper setup or located on different locations.
We must have to solve every error and issue from their roots so, next time you face the same error then you can solve the error without any guidance. Before solving any error you must know about what causes that are occurring this error code. Once you get the exact cause then you will able to solve the error code within a second.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6123
There are several causes of QuickBooks Error 6123 0 but I am going to describe only those causes which occur mostly:
- When you try to restore your company file from the external storage device you get the error.
- The connection between the host server and your company file has been broken.
- If your company file gets corrupted you get the QuickBooks Error 6123.
- Sometimes you change the location of the company file and your QuickBooks software unable to find the company file.
- Mostly firewall settings are stopped by the QuickBooks to open the company file.
- If you have installed the McAfee antivirus in your computer system then it disturbs the QuickBooks Desktop Services.
- Sometimes this error code can occur due to damaged windows files.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6123 0
- While access the QuickBooks company file you get the QuickBooks Error 6123 0 on your computer screen.
- You will not able to access the company file.
- When you take the backup and restore the company file you get an error.
- Your Keyboard and Mouse will repose very late.
- It may be possible your active program window can be crash and your computer system is freeze for a bit period of time.
The solution to fix QuickBooks Error 6123 0
Whenever you get the QuickBooks Error 6123 0 at the time of opening the QuickBooks company file than you need to follow the below-given points.
Solution 1: Download, Install and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- First, you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor from its official site of the Intuit.
- Once you have downloaded then you need double tap on the QuickBooks company file to install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- When you have successfully installed the QuickBooks file doctor tool then you need to open the QFD(QuickBooks file doctor) and search for the QuickBooks company file.
- If you get it then select the “Check File Damage Only” and then tap on the “Diagnose file”.
- Here you need to provide the “Admin password” and select the “Ok”.
- After that, you have to “Open File” and then choose the “Repair File”.
- Simply follow the instruction as they appeared on the computer screen.
- Once you have done all the steps then you need to Reboot and start again your computer system.
Solution 2: Verify the name of the Company file
- At the time of saving the company file, you have set more than 30 characters in that case you get the error.
- If you are using the special symbol at the time of giving the name of the file then you get the QuickBooks Error 6123 0 on your computer screen.
Solution 3:Name again to the .ND and .TLG files
- Open that folder which consists of your company file.
- Once you open it then you need to find out the .ND and .TLG files.
- Once you get the right click on both files and select the “Rename” option.
- Add “.old” extention.
- Finally, you need to close your computer system and start again and check the issue is persists or not if yes then move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Change the location of your company file
Sometimes the QuickBooks unable to find out the path of your company file and faces some other type of issues to access the company file from a specific path. In that, you need to change the path of your company file.
NOTE: Most of the people access the company file from the server connection they need to copy the company file into the computer then open it.
Solution 5: Disable the installed Antivirus
Mostly your installed Antivirus makes disturbance between the company file and QuickBooks software. As a result your QuickBooks software unable to open the company file. In that you need to disable your installed antivirus for a bit period of time to check your antivirus is creating a problem or not. After disabling the antivirus to need to try to access your company file again.
Solution 6: Using Auto Data Recovery function
Firstly you need to check your restore .ADR file is working or not. There are more chances this file is not working or corrupted. So the chances of resolving of solving QuickBooks Error 6123 0 is increased.
Solution 7: Creating a new Windows user
That may be possible your current window user login has been corrupted then you are facing the QuickBooks Error code 6123 0. To fix this error code you need to follow the given below steps.
- First, you have to open the “Control” panel.
- After that, you need to select “Create New User” and then choose “User Icon” > “Administrator”.
- Then you need to reboot/start again your computer system and login into your computer system using the new user account.
- After that, you need to copy and paste your company on your desktop.
Solution 8: Reinstall the QuickBooks Software
- If you don’t get the solution from the above solution then you need to try this solution.
- First, you need to “Uninstall” the Quickbooks software from your computer system from the “Control Panel”.
- Then you again need to download and install the QuickBooks software.
- After that mention your product license information and open the company file.
- Then try to open the company file from the desktop.
QuickBooks Error 6123 is a company file related error this error mostly occurs at the time of opening the company file. QuickBooks Error 6123 0 can occur at any time when you trying to do any QuickBooks company file related work. One one of the easiest ways to solve QuickBooks Error code 6123 0 uses the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to solve it. If you don’t get the solution from that tool you need to manually follow the above-given solution.